1. What is a Digital Signature Certificate?Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) are the digital equivalent (that is electronic format) of physical or paper certificates. Examples of physical certificates are drivers' licenses, passports or membership cards. Certificates serve as proof of identity of an individual for a certain purpose; for example, a driver's license identifies someone who can legally drive in a particular country. Likewise, a digital certificate can be presented electronically to prove your identity, to access information or services on the Internet or to sign certain documents digitally.
2. Why is Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) required?Like physical documents are signed manually, electronic documents, for example e-forms are required to be signed digitally using a Digital Signature Certificate.
3. Who issues the Digital Signature Certificate?A licensed Certifying Authority (CA) issues the digital signature. Certifying Authority (CA) means a person who has been granted a license to issue a digital signature certificate under Section 24 of the Indian IT-Act 2000.
4. What are the different types of Digital Signature Certificates valid for MCA21 program?The different types of Digital Signature Certificates are:
Class 2: Here, the identity of a person is verified against a trusted, pre-verified database.
Class 3: This is the highest level where the person needs to present himself or herself in front of a Registration Authority (RA) and prove his/ her identity.
5. What type of Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) is to be obtained for eFiling on the MCA Portal? DSC of Class 2 and Class 3 category issued by a licensed Certifying Authority (CA) needs to be obtained for efiling on the MCA Portal.
6. Is Director Identification Number (DIN) a pre-requisite to apply for DSC?No.
7. What is the cost of obtaining a Digital Signature Certificate?The cost of obtaining a digital signature certificate may vary as there are many entities issuing DSCs and their charges may differ.
8. How much time do CAs take to issue a DSC?The time taken by CAs to issue a DSC may vary from three to seven days.
9. What is the validity period of a Digital Signature Certificate?The Certifying Authorities are authorized to issue a Digital Signature Certificate with a validity of one or two years.
10. What is the legal status of a Digital Signature?Digital Signatures are legally admissible in a Court of Law, as provided under the provisions of IT
How To Submit Your Article:
Follow the Procedure Below To Submit Your Articles
Submit your Article by using our online form
Note* we only accept Original Articles, we will not accept Articles Already Published in other websites.
For Further Details Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles of YesteryearsClick on the link Below to check articles submitted in previous years:
Law Articles 2017 - Law Articles 2016 - Law Articles 2015 - Law Articles 2014 - Law Articles 2013 - Law Articles 2012 - Law Articles 2011 - Law Articles 2010 - Law Articles 2009 - Law Articles 2008 - Articles 2007 - Law Articles 2006 - Law Articles 2000-05 - Archive
File Your Copyright - Right Now!
Online Copyright Registration in India
Call us at: 9891244487 / or email at: email@example.com
Lawyers in India - Search By City