Documents to be enclosed with return
1) Acknowledgement Slip in
2) Statement of Computation of Income and Tax.
3) Challan Identification number (CIN) should be furnished. Photocopy of tax
payers count should be attached.
4) T.D.S. Certificates in Form 16 or 16A as applicable.
5) Certificate/Receipts of payment of insurance premium, provident purchase of
NSCs, new equity shares, mutual fund, NSS, medical ance, donations, etc. in
support of deductions claimed.
Requisite evidence wherever prescribed by law in support of your, for any
deduction/exemption, must be attached along with the n Failure to do so will
deprive you of the deduction and such evidence even if produced later shall not
be entertained by the Assessing Officer.
6) Copy of audit report, balance sheet, trading, profit and loss account,
personal account of proprietor or partners and documents as specified in the
7) Statement of receipts and payments, where no regular books of account are
8) Tax-audit report obtained under section 44AB wherever required Where the
audit report has been furnished prior to the filing of ret copy of the report
together with proof of furnishing the report, should be attached with the
9) Accountants report under section 80-IA, 80-IAB, 80-IB or 80-IC.
10) Certificate of interest on housing loan from the lender, in support of
deduction from house property income.
11) Other documents/statements as specified in the return itself and in sup
port of income.
Note: Persons, who do not have any income from business or profession,
need not fumish their balance sheets or statement of assets, showing the plot,
house, agricultural land, jewellery, gold and silver, shares, securities, units,
cash, etc., held by them. However, it 'is advisable to declare major investments
made or maturity proceeds/capital receipts received during the year. Purchase of
house hold goods like TV, VCR, etc. may not be mentioned.
12) In case the assessee has applied for PAN but has yet not received
allotment, a copy of PAN application filed earlier and its acknowledgement
should be enclosed with the return.
13) In case the assessee has not applied for PAN, a PAN application form duly
filled in and 2 passport size photographs should be enclosed with the return.
14) A copy of the Acknowledgement or Assessment Order for the preceding
assessment year should also be enclosed.