Topic: Sec 3B. Registration of Plantations
(1) Every employer of the plantation, existing at the commencement of the Plantations Labour (Amendment) Act, 1981, shall within a period of sixty days of such commencement, and every employer of any other plantation coming into existence after such commencement shall, within a period of sixty days of the coming into existence of such plantation, make an application to the registering officer for the registration of such plantation : Provided that the registering officer may entertain any such application after the expiry of the period aforesaid if he is satisfied that the applicant was prevented by sufficient cause from making the application within such period.
(2) Every applicant made under sub-section (1) shall be in such form and shall contain such particulars and shall be accompanied by such fees as may be prescribed.
(3) After the receipt of an application under sub-section (1) the registering officer shall register the plantation.
(4) Where a plantation is registered under this section, the registering officer shall issue a certificate of registration to the employer thereof in such form as many be prescribed.
(5) Where, after the registration of a plantation under this section, any change occurs in the on ownership or management or in the extent of the area or other prescribed particulars in respect of such plantation, the particulars regarding such change shall be intimated by the employer to the registering officer within thirty days of such change in such form as may be prescribed.
(6) Where as a result of any intimation received under sub-section (5), the registering officer is satisfied that the plantation is no longer required to be registered under this section, he shall, by order in writing, cancel the registration thereof and shall, as soon as practicable, cause such order to be published in any one newspaper in the language of, and having circulation in, the area where the plantation is situated.