Topic: Section 3. Marriages Officers

For the purposes of this Act, the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint such of its diplomatic or consular officers as it may think fit to the Marriage Officers for any Foreign country.

Explanation -- In this section "diplomatic Officer" mean and ambassador, envoy, minister, high commissioner, commissioner charged' affairs or other diplomatic representative or a counselor or secretary of an embassy, legation or high commission.