Topic: Section 48. Repeal and savings
(1) The Designs Act, 1911 is hereby repealed.
(2) Without prejudice to the provisions contained in the General Clauses Act, 1897 with respect to repeals, any notification, rule, order, requirement, registration, certificate, notice, decision, determination, direction, approval, authorisation, consent, application , request or thing made , issued, given or done under the Designs Act, 1911, shall, in force at the commencement of this Act , continue to be in force and have effect as if made , issued , given or done under the corresponding provisions of this Act.
(3) The provisions of this Act shall apply to any application for registration of design pending at the commencement of this Act and to any proceedings consequent thereon and to any registration granted in pursuance thereof.
(4) Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, any proceeding pending in any court at the commencement of this Act may be continued in that court as if this Act has not been passed.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (2), the date of expiration of the copyright in the design registered before the commencement of this Act shall, subject to the provisions of this Act, be the date immediately after the period of five years for which it was registered or the date immediately after the period of five years for which the extension of the period of copyright for a second period from the expiration of the original period has been made.