Topic: Section 14. Investigation
(1) The Commission may, for the purpose of conducting any investigation pertaining to the inquiry, utilize the services of any officer or investigation agency of the Central Government or any State Government with the concurrence of the Central Government, or the State Government as case may be.
(2) For the purpose of instigating into any matter pertaining to the inquiry, any officer or agency whose services are utilized under sub-section (1) may, subject to the direction and control of the Commission, -
(a) Summon and enforce the attendance of any person and examine him;
(b) Require the discovery and production of document; and
(c) Requisition any public record or copy thereof from any office.
(3) The provisions of section 15 shall apply in relation to any statement made by a person before any officer or agency whose service are utilized under sub-section (1) as they apply in relation to any statement made by a person in the course of giving evidence before the Commission.
(4) The officer or agency whose services are utilized under sub-section (1) shall investigate into any matter pertaining to the inquiry and submit a report thereon to the Commission within such period as may be specified by the Commission in this behalf.
(5) The Commission shall satisfy itself about the correctness of the facts stated and the conclusion, if any, arrived at in the court submitted to it under sub-section (4) and for this purpose the Commission may make such inquiry (including the examination of the person or person who conducted to assisted in the investigation) as it thinks fit.