Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Flat under home loan and divorce  (Read 3063 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline seniorpeacefulsoul

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Flat under home loan and divorce
« on: April 16, 2014, 10:59:43 PM »
Dear sir / madam,

My son's wife has filed divorced against him though we agreed upon mutual consent divorce. We don't know till which level of cheating and lie she will go so we want to save us from financial burden.

My son purchased a flat which is under construction and he has taken home loan for it. He is paying EMI for it from past 2 years and still flat is under construction.

Not sure if his wife will ask for share in this flat or not, but is there a way so as to not give any share to her? Can we take any steps soon like selling the flat and the money can be given to son's parent so that wife cannot claim in her in-laws money?

Or is it ok to keep holding the flat and home loan and show that these many liabilities are there for my son and we will get benefit for that?

Hope I was able to communicate my problem. Please advise.


Offline advlaxmanadvani

  • Professional legal Expert
  • ***
  • Posts: 75
  • Karma: +3/-5
  • Advocate laxman Advani from Ahmedabad
    • View Profile
Re: Flat under home loan and divorce
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 05:54:24 PM »
paying loan for a flat is a liability not an asset. he can transfer the flat to his mothers name, than no one can touch it. but after the matter is over If the mother refuses to give back the flat to the son than it could be a problem. so decide on your own
Advocate laxman Advani
 Ahmedabad legal Practitioner

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India