Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Need legal advice - 498A  (Read 3310 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline nisanth

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Need legal advice - 498A
« on: May 22, 2015, 03:34:43 PM »
My wife filed false 498A (Dowry Harassment) case on 2012 in India against me and my family (parents, sisters, brother-in-lawís and my maternal uncle), and we were arrested and I jailed three days. After couple of months my wife filed DVC (Domestic Violence) case on 2012 and it got revoked on 2014, and 498A case is still running. In mean time I came to US for job purpose and Iím in US now. My wife know that my company send me to US and now they changed their mind to continue marital life with me. I have not attending court from past 9 months for 498A case. My wife supposed to give witness in court but in spite of that they are putting pressure to come back to India and asking my opinion about reconstitution. After I went to jail I decided not to lead marital life with her at any circumstances, even court convicted or if they hang me I will be ready and happy but not leading life with my wife at all. My in-laws are in high-end real-estate business, they are very rich, and have political power, they influenced everybody. Now they are influencing differently with women sentiment that they want to lead marital life with me and getting sympathy from everybody. Jude is asking my opinion from my parents, asking me to come to India and they all are putting pressure to my parents. According the court process now my wife should give witness instead of that they are all putting pressure and asking me to come India. If I donít go to India and my parents convey my opinion as NO to reconstitution then they are planning to issue arrest warrant. I work in MNC Company in US and my project takes another 6 months to complete, now I canít go back to India. Even if I go to India and not returned back on time, it will be big problem. I know that if I go to India my in-laws they do any kind of thing to stop me in India itself.
   I need legal advice that if Judge issue arrest warrant what would be my situation in US, will they inform US police and take me to Indian jail. I can face any consequences but my parents are much worrying and suffering. So how I can contest this situation legally. Will I get bail after I go to India after 6 months even Judge issues arrest warrant?
Iím planning to send mail letter to Judge about my opinion (NO to reconstitution) and asking him to continue the case by taking witness from my wife. Even then will there be a chance to issue arrest warrant by Judge saying that Iím not attending court for past 9 months.
I kindly request you to please give me legal advice.

Offline saravanan.s

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 310
  • Karma: +23/-1
  • legal advisor
    • View Profile
Re: Need legal advice - 498A
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 11:33:06 PM »
you are safe as long as you are in us.i think its a ploy on part of your wife to bring you back to india to face the proceedings.wait for other learned members opinion on this issue

Offline Leesinmeow

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
    • ทางเข้า ibcbet
Re: Need legal advice - 498A
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 09:49:06 PM »
     Read the speech to be materially many ideas

Offline aaa123

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Need legal advice - 498A
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 12:59:48 PM »
My wife filed a 498A and Dowry case against me and my family.We have taken a AB,but the police has not filed a Chargesheet its been over 4months now.

What can I do in such situation.

Is there a time limit to file a chargesheet for 498 cases.

She is away from home for more than 6 months and started working.They are demanding hugh money for the settlement  What action can I take against here


Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India