Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: company suing me for doing free lance work  (Read 1052 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline rb

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
company suing me for doing free lance work
« on: March 18, 2016, 12:37:02 AM »

I am working in a IT firm and recently I resigned from the firm. I asked them about buyout option for me because they have 2 months of notice period for employee leaving the company. They haven't replied yet about the resignation.

Some days back they called me into their office and asked me that whether I do other work outside of company work or not? I said yes I do and gave them details after lots of threatening from them I was mentally harassed and threatened. They now threatening me to file law suit against me for doing this free lance work. They have forcefully taken my all credentials and details from me for those free lance work. Even they threatened me to give bad reviews to my new employer if I don't give them details.

Can someone here help me how I should act here?

Offline riteshmaity

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 150
  • Karma: +1/-0
  • Labour Law Advocate in Kolkata
    • View Profile
    • Labour Law Advocate in Kolkata
Re: company suing me for doing free lance work
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 08:20:03 AM »
If they are physically/ mentally threatening you, you can file a complaint before the police station.

Since you have already submitted your resignation, it is now up to the company either to accept or reject your resignation. But they need to act first.

Unless, they file a law suit against you, chances of which is less than 1%, right now no more legal advice cannot be given.
Linkedin -
Labour law blog -
Email - ritesh.k.maity***at***
Phone - 91-983-667-9309

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India