Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: How much I can ask for alimony and child support  (Read 1195 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Tina_trina

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 6
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
How much I can ask for alimony and child support
« on: August 12, 2016, 12:02:42 AM »
Dear Sirs,

Me and my husband agree for mutual divorce, inspite of the fact he cheated me and I have proofs. But I want do everything in a good way. He is asking what do I want financially. Can anyone advise me what can I ask from him for alimony and child? I know he shows around thousand dollars per month salary and hiding rest from taxes. I don't wanna look greedy, the same time I know I have right to ask after what he done to me. Shall I say some concrete amount for every month for child till his 18 (or 21?) age. Is it right that I can ask alimony for myself until I will find a work (baby is one year now) or remarry and how much can it be? I wanted to compare with compensation he had to pay me in case I would file Divorce coz of cheating, but can't find this information.

Thank you for any help!

Offline advjaibansal

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 884
  • Karma: +25/-19
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: How much I can ask for alimony and child support
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 02:14:47 AM »
Dear Tina,

In a mutual consent divorce you can ask for permanent alimony (one time settlement amount) for you and your child from your husband. This amount depends on the husband income and capacity and willingness to pay. It can differ from 5 lacs to 50 lacs or even go to two crores or may be more. depends on the financial capacity of the parties. Hence, you have to do the calculation and figure out how much he can pay, which should also make your future life along with the child comfortable.

It has to be decided by you and your husband, court will not interfere in this.

jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
mobile: 09868566649

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India