Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Cheque Bounce Recovery through Cheque  (Read 1375 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline kan_0589

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Cheque Bounce Recovery through Cheque
« on: March 18, 2016, 07:38:20 AM »

I am seeking advice on the issue on following incident:

I joined a company in March 2015, I was on contract from March 2015 - March 2015, for which they indemnify me for any losses cause if I left the job, through cheque of amount Rs 21000, Now in October 2015, I had to go to my hometown for a month, but MD was not happy with that while I was on leave( it was not authorized leaves but I informed him anyhow ), he terminated me, and put the cheque for clearance, that got bounced in November 2015, he sent me a legal notice in same month. Now 2 things come into picture:

1. The cheque that was mentioned in indemnity bond was not that cheque, due to some clerical error I got replaced that cheque, but the indemnity bond was not updated of new cheque, so the cheque that was bounced was not the indemnity bond cheque but some other cheque( of course of my account ). Can I in court say that I was liable to pay only through that cheque and not other cheque, as indemnity bond was on stamp paper.

2. While the cheque got bounced I was at my hometown so my father negotiated with the MD and given him another cheque dated 31st March 2016 that is of my brother's account, Is my brother or my father is liable to pay the money, because I don't want them to pay, though my brother stopped the payment of cheque but he can still file case against him, What do I do to get them out of the loop.

Also, can he do any case against me as the 30 days time period after which the case has to be registered after giving notice period has been elapsed. Please advice me on this topic as I am very much confused.

Offline rajgopal sripathi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 279
  • Karma: +15/-19
  • Welcome to Legal Win Consulting LLP
    • View Profile
    • Legal Win Consulting LLP
Re: Cheque Bounce Recovery through Cheque
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 08:17:25 AM »
Cheques given in course of employment for indemnity purposes if they bounce will be dismissed in court.
No worries.
For cheque bouncing case, the other person should have given you a money/ services and you should have given the cheque as repayment and if it bounces then it is a crime.
in your case, indemnity is neither a money nor service provided by your employer.
also for claiming indemnity, your company did not approach the court or did issue any notice to you.
so even if the case is filed under 138 NI , you will win the case.
your father/ brother are not liable to pay any money's so those cases will also be dismissed by court.
Rajgopal Sripathi

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India