Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Accident case how to pursue  (Read 2694 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Puneetbhatia

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Accident case how to pursue
« on: May 27, 2016, 11:33:32 PM »

Me and my family had an accident with a car and it was a head on collision with another car. No one was hurt.
The girl who was driving the car at that time we talked his father that time only and he mentioned that he will pay half amount after insurance claim. We agreed to that. After 2 3 days he refused to pay the amount. So we filled an FIR under girl's name.
Now we are getting calls from police station to come and file evidence and statement. We do not have any proof that the girl hit the car. It's just at that time he told that he will pay so we agreed. As we do not have any proof we do not want to pursue the case.

I checked we cannot take back FIR.what can be my next step. As if this goes court the father of the girl might file deformation case also against us as we do not have e any proof.

Please advise what should I do next.

Thanks in advance.

Offline rajgopal sripathi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 279
  • Karma: +15/-19
  • Welcome to Legal Win Consulting LLP
    • View Profile
    • Legal Win Consulting LLP
Re: Accident case how to pursue
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 02:08:02 AM »
If you have stated in your FIR that the girl was driving the car, then it is the duty of the police to investigate and file the charge sheet.

So go to the police station and state clearly on how the accident happened and who was driving the car.

Your intentions might be to protect the girl which is of course good, but you should  also bear in mind that if you withdraw/ retract your earlier statement then there are two things you should bear in your mind:

a) You are hiding the truth which is  a crime. Your FIR might also be thrown out because of your contradicting stand ( at the time of FIR and now at the time of investigation) . Please also be informed that you have unknowingly delayed filing of FIR by 2 days( in order to protect the girl) which by itself  is a big mistake.

b)  Since there is no loss of life, at the most the girl might pay a fine of rs200-/- but in the end she will realize her mistake and will not make the mistake again in her lifetime. 

So, go ahead and tell the police what exactly had happened and let truth prevail
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 02:12:04 AM by rajgopal sripathi »
Rajgopal Sripathi

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India