Legal Service India - Filing of Return - Tax laws
law  in India

Filing of Return

Following persons are required to file return of their income, duly filled in completely and correctly
click here for LIVE help-desk
Income-Tax | Legal Advice | Find a lawyer | Constitutional law | Judgments | forms | PIL | family law | Cyber Law | Law Forum | Consumer laws | Company laws
Search On:Tax laws in IndiaLawyers Search

Copyright Online in India
Right from your Desktop - Ph no: 9891244487

Home \ Tax Law

Who should File Return?

Following persons are required to file return of their income, duly filled in completely and correctly:

1) Individuals, Hindu undivided families, Association of Persons (AOP)/Body of Individuals (BOI) (where individual shares of the members are known) and artificial juridical persons (such as deities of temples), having taxable income exceeding Rs. 1,00,000 ( Rs. 1,35,000 in case of a resident women below 65 years or Rs 1,85,000 in case of a senior citizen of 65 years or more).

Note: Filing of return is compulsory if the taxable income exceeds the basic exemption limit (as above) event if the tax payable is nil or refundable.

2) Non-resident Indians except1 those covered u/s 115AC and 115G: having taxable income exceeding Rs. 1,00,000.

3) Individuals (including NRls ), HUFs, AOPs/BOls and artificial juridical persons, having total income (before making deduction u/ss 10A or 10B or 10BA or Chapter VI-A) exceeding Rs. 1,00,000 (Rs. 1,35,000 in case of a resident women below 65 years or Rs. 1,85,000 in case of a senior citizen of 65 years or more). [Sec. 139(1) Fourth Proviso]

4) Societies and Trusts deriving income from property held for charitable or religious purposes or receiving voluntary contribution for such purposes, and having total income (before giving effect of Sec. 11 and 12) exceeding Rs. 1 ,00,000.
[Sec. 139(4A)]

5) A scientific research institution, news agency, association or institution, fund or trust or university or other educational institution or any hospital or other medical institution or trade union claiming exemption u/s 10(21), (22B), (23A), (23B), (23C) 1[iiiad)/ (iiiae)/](iv)/(v)/(vi)/(via) or (24), whose total income, before claiming exemption, exceeds Rs. 1,00,000. [Sec. 139( 4C)]

5A. A university, college or other institution referred to u/s 35(1 )(ii)/(iii), not otherwise required to furnish return of income.] [Sec. 139( 4D)]

6) AOP/BOI where shares of the members are indeterminate or unknown, irrespective of income.

7) All partnership firms irrespective of income.

8) Co-operative society, company and local authority, irrespective of income.
Note: Filing of return by companies and partnership firms is mandatory .

9) Any person who has suffered a loss from business or profession or speculative business or capital loss, should furnish his return of income by the due date otherwise the facility of set off and carry forward of loss shall not be allowed.

10) Units/undertakings claiming deduction u/s 10A 2[or 10B] are also required 'to furnish their return of income before the due date specified u/s 139(1).

11) Units/undertakings claiming deduction u/s SO-lA, 80-IAB, 80-IB or 80-IC are also required to furnish their return of income before the due date. [Sec. 80AC]

12) Any person who has paid tax (by way of TDS or advance tax) in excess of tax payable on total income, or who has paid tax but does not have taxable income, is advised to file his return for claiming refund of tax excess paid.
Persons who have not filed their return and have received a notice for assessment under section 142( 1) or reassessment u/s 148.

Note: Any other person, who so desires, can file its return of income even if its come is below the maximum amount not chargeable to tax.

Contents of the Return

Acknowledgement Slip (in Duplicate) : It is a summary of the return c0ntaining name, address, status, Permanent Account Number, a brief statement of taxable income, deductions and. tax paid, verification, etc.

Return Form 3 :
Schedule A: Salaries
Schedule B: Income from House Property Schedule C: Capital Gains
Schedule D: Income from Other Sources
Schedule E: Statement of Set Off of current year's and Brought Forward Losses.
Schedule F: Statement of Total Income Schedule G: Statement of Taxes
Important Tax Articles
Royalty - Taxability Under Vat Laws
Application of Income
Household Savings
Pre-requisite of Taxes
Odious Debt
International Tax
How SEBI Should Deal With Disgorged Money
Special Economic Zone
D.E.P.B., Its Taxability - Issues Therein
Leave Encashment
Salary Tax
Canons of Taxation
Tax on Works Contract
Foreign Currency Convertible Bonds
Valuation of excisable Goods for the purpose of charging excise Duty
Analysis of value added chain (Value Added Tax)
Fiscal Federalism In India

Lawyers Search

Find a lawyer
Know your legal options
Information about your legal issues

File Mutual Consent Divorce

Right Away
Call us at Ph no: 9650499965
Copyright Registration Online Right from your Desktop...
*Call us at Ph no: 9891244487

Copyright Registration of Books, Videos, Songs, Film Script, paintings, Photograph, Software in India

    Your Name                Your E-mail

Legal Service India

lawyers in Delhi
lawyers in Chandigarh
lawyers in Allahabad
lawyers in Lucknow
lawyers in Jodhpur
lawyers in Jaipur
lawyers in New Delhi
lawyers in Nashik
Contract laws
Protect your website
Army law
lawyers in Mumbai
lawyers in Pune
lawyers in Nagpur
lawyers in Ahmedabad
lawyers in Surat
Faridabad lawyers
Noida lawyers
lawyers in Dimapur
Trademark Registration in India
Woman issues
Famous Trials
lawyers in Kolkata
lawyers in Janjgir
lawyers in Rajkot
lawyers in Indore
Gurgaon lawyers
Ghaziabad lawyers
lawyers in Guwahati
Protect your website
Law Colleges
Legal Profession
Transfer of Petition
Lawyers in India - Search by City legal Service India
lawyers in Chennai
lawyers in Bangalore
lawyers in Hyderabad
lawyers in Cochin
lawyers in Agra
lawyers in Siliguri
Lawyers in Auckland
Cause Lists
Immigration Law
Medico Legal
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai
lawyers in London
lawyers in New York
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney
lawyers in Los Angeles
Cheque bounce laws
Lok Adalat, legal Aid and PIL

About Us | Privacy | Terms of use | Juvenile Laws | Divorce by mutual consent | Lawyers | Submit article | Lawyers Registration | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
ISBN No: 978-81-928510-0-6