Very recently on April 29 from 5 pm to 6.30 pm I attended an webinar through
zoom conducted by from Zoom.
This was to contemplate a common factor these days which Lasting impact of Covid 19 on the future of Legal Education in India
The factors were discussed like:
- Impact in the day to day life of the individuals like students)teachers/Lawyers/Business
man/Labour's and workers.
- Created Social Distance
- It has codified new norms of Legal Education in India.
- Impact in the Education centres, Hubs, Research houses, Market, Courts, Colleges,
- Created a virtual platform A virtual voice and a virtual world.
There are incidental impacts which were focused and discussed in the
webinar.They have elaborated while giving sessions pointing out the kith and kin
of all verticals.As we all know definitely Covid19 had put a strong impact not
only to the individuals or a market or a zone but almost to every countries in
the world going through more or less.
According to the Academician and subject matter expert participated these are
the phases took place following Covid19 merits and demerits:
Moreover, the impact on future have also been forecasted of which these are:
- There will be challenges maintaining admissions.
- Data Consideration
- Interms if competency and effectiveness.
- Interms of Technological competency merely E-Courts, Lawyers, knows
about the skilled technology used.
- Online delivery of reports, results, certification, Registration, Court matters,Classes, Admissions.
- Online internship Opportunities
- Moot court exercises online.
- Empathy creation and effective learning.
In this session there was a stroke for me eventually knowing about the fact of
categorisation of Law schools:
- Online Delivery structure
- Distance learning
- Research Dimensions.
With the impact of Covid19 according to the views and opinion made for highly
funded law schools will not face the adverse effects of:
- Highly Funded Law Schools
- Non-Funded Law Schools
- Will not hamper with Covid 19
- The Dynamics will be easier for highly funded law Schools.
- As the highly funded law Schools welcome the autonomous bright ideas of
the students will be preferable.
Let's discuss the happenings of Law Schools which are non funded and are not
enrolled with National Law Schools:
- Challenges are to be faced with the through process of Education system.
- This is where the Technology is not a life line for the general law
schools except National law schools.
- Complications with the online modulation.
- Incomplete lessons delivery with on line Technology which will be a
barrier for most of rural areas students.
Apparently, there are possibilities of the other sides which were also been
discussed which can be for the nation.
The possibilities could be:
- Possibility of Recession due to lockdown.
- Possibility of partnership with multi displinary candidates and law.
- It will promote Research for the law schools, students and the
- Radical Reformation
- Beyond Socrates Process.
- Improve oral and written Advocacy skills.
So, these are the key features discussed by the legal experts. Dean of the
college's were present during the circumstances.
I want to set up a practical example of my Law School and the impact on my law
school-- As I study in a so called "Non -funded law School but the guidance were
nevertheless less than that of funded law school. Specially when it comes to the
Principal of our college Kamal sir, who is the inspiration of thousands and
In my entire life I have never come across principal like him. He is the path
maker if almost for most of the students of our college. All though not National
and non funded but Magistrates and honourable judges step out from the
prestigious "law college of Dhanbad".It was not only constituted in the notice
to provide legal education but also keep a shape in the career of other hopeless
The other faculty of law college treat the students as their legal guardian and
try to shape up their career by giving effective and proper instructions despite
of funds and grades. A hope to achieve legal education making a strong bridge
between Law and other behavior Al Advocacy skills were taught in the Law college
Besides, Social platform given l to share thoughts facts and figure is always
amazing and delightful help to set a practical example of life but not only for
the word of mouth.
According to my point of view funded and non funded sometimes can not count
searching real talents. No doubt proper guidance or encouragement leads to the
path of professionalism but when one is profound with knowledge, Perseverance,
hard work no matter whatever school or college you come from you are recognized
by your talent in the society nation and Globe.