In this modern world of technology the oneís who does not change with time is
blotted out. As the only constant thing in this universe is change. During this
strenuous time of Covid-19 people have to adapt to the environment to sustain
such is the significant adaptation brought by the Supreme Court of India by
developing a software to make all its benchs go Paperless.
The Supreme Court has launched 3 Software platforms considering current position
of the court system in India where most physical hearings are difficult
considering the inconvenience caused due to the novel corona virus which has not
only terrorized the population but also the infrastructure of the Supreme court.
The Software are as follow:
- SUPACE (Supreme Court Portal for Assistance in Court Efficiency)
- SUVAS (Supreme Court Vidhik Anuvaad Software)
CSI-Interact is the software being developed by the Computer cell of supreme
court. This project is currently in Testing Mode and shall be revealed soon.
Objectives of the CSI-Interact
- Help Judges access files, annexures to petitions.
- Judges can make soft notes on computer itself which will not be
accessible to other.
- Key Features of the software
- Scanned copies of pending cases
- E-filling of fresh cases
- IT Hardware
- MPLS Network with dual redundancy
- Security Audit
(For layman in the field of network technology the 4th feature MPLS Network with
dual redundancy merely translates as it speeds up the traffic flow and is much
better technique in Telecommunications Network)
The above mentioned feature will make the human touch minimalistic in the court
proceddings and will help the court in disposal of cases and quick decision
And as the Computer Cell of Supreme court is busy in perfecting CSI-Interact
software through updates.
The Artificial Intelligence Committee of Supreme Court of India headed by
Justice Lavu Nageshwara Rao (Former Additional Solicitor General of India) had
the virtual launch of their AI portal SUPACE(Supreme Court Portal for Assistance
in Courtís Efficiency)
The main aim is to aid judges with legal research.
Objectives of SUPACE
- Itís a useful tool which amasses Relevant facts and laws and makes them
easily available to a judges.
- It processes the facts making them available to judge it isnít developed
for taking decisions
This tool will only be used by Judges of Delhi and Mumbai High Court who are
concerned with criminal matters for trial and experimental basis.
Due to the introduction of SUPACE the following matters will become more
- The reduction of delays and pendency of cases will give a helping hand to
the judiciary and Thus will save time.
- A more Streamlined and cost effective and time bound means to the
fundamental right to access to justice will be possible due to AI
- It will make the service delivery mechanism transparent and
SUVAS is short for Supreme Court Vidhik Anuvaad Software:
Itís a machine learning tool trained by AI to be used for the main purpose of
translating Supreme Court Judgement into Nine Vernacular languages.
The Nine Languages Are As Follow:
The disadvantage of these above mentioned software is that it does the work of
the human mind in more efficient way thus creating redundancies in jobs and Thus
resulting in unemployment.