Copyright is an intellectual property providing protection to the expression
of ideas. It protects creators or owners of the original artistic, literary,
dramatic, cinematographic film or sound recordings from unauthorized use or
copying of the work.
Let's understand how you can protect your work by getting a copyright online.
- First you need to go to the website copyright.gov.in and register
yourself by clicking onto new user registration.
- After you log in Click for online Copyright Registration you will find
Form XIV. you need to fill the form, Save the entered details, and move to
- Next you have to Fill Up the Statement of Particulars, save entered
details, Similarly, fill up the Statement of Further particulars next , and
save the entered details.
- Afterwards you have to make the payment through the Internet Payment
- Once the form is successfully submitted, a diary Number will be
- The last step of the process is to post a copy of the acknowledgement
slip along with a copy of the copyright registration form to the Copyright
Division, at the below mentioned address in the description box.
Department For Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Boudhik Sampada Bhawan,
Plot No. 32, Sector 14, Dwarka, New Delhi-110078
These are the steps you need to follow for online copyright registration, if you
have any further doubt let us know in the comments down below.