The cyber crime is different from any other crime happening in the society. The
cyber crime define to criminal activity in which computers or computer networks
are a tool a target or a place of criminal activity and include everything from
electronic wracking to denial of services attacks. It's a general term that
covers crimes like phishing, credit card frauds, bank robbery, illegal
downloading, child pornography, kidnapping children via chat rooms, scams, cyber
terrorism, and distribution of viruses etc.
Cyber Offences under penal code 1860:
The major substantive criminal law is the Indian Penal Codeľ a complete code
which deals with all the offences including cyber crimes. Therefore, this
conventional criminal law is sufficient to deal with all kinds of crimes
including cyber crimes. India enacted the information Technology Act, 2000
basically to regulate e- commerce.
Describes the Article:
||Offences Under IPC
||Provision Of IPC
||Sending threatening message
||Sending defamatory message
||Bogus websites, cyber frauds
- The crime done with the help of a computer network is termed as cyber
- Cyber crime can harm your privacy and security
- Cyber crime is an illegal act that tends to hack your private data
- Cybercriminals try to gain money through illegal methods
Types Of Cyber Crimes:
- E-mail Spoofing
- SMS Spoofing
- Cheating & fraud
- Child Pornography
- Transmitting Virus etc.
Preventing Of Cyber, Crimes:
- Never share personal information publicly on websites.
- Always avoid sending any photograph online particularly to stranger and
chat friends because it's a misuse of the photographs.
- Never enter credit card number to any side that is not secured to
prevents its misuse
India is the second largest online market in the world with over 560 million
internet users. Ranked only behind China and it is estimated that by 2023 there
would be over 650 million internet users in the country. According to the latest
national crime records bureau NCRB data, a total of 27,248 cases of cyber crime
where registered in India in 2018.
Only in Telangana, 1205 cyber, crime cases where registered in the same year.
According to FBIs report, India stands third among top 20 cyber crime victim.
The national cyber crime reporting portal (cyber crime.gov.in) which was started
last year by the central government received 33,152 complaints till now
resulting in lodging of 790 FIRs.
Number Of Cyber Crimes
- Crime is a common word that we always heard in this globalization era.
Over the past two decades cyber crimes has become an increasingly widely
debated topic across many walks of life.
- The Crime is term which gives a scenario and impression of illegal
activity and when it is merged with Computer or Cyber creates more widen and
cross countries global issues.
- Cryptography is one of the best way to provide security over the
- This paper presents the types Cyber crime Activities important issues on
the Security, prevention and Detection of Cyber crime.
The internet has been defined as the media of the people but it is slowly
turning into a dark net with increasing incidences of cyber stalking cyber
terrorism child pornography sites and online slander through social media sites.
Cyber crimes is defined as illegal conduct in which a computer is a utilized as
a tool a target or both. Cyber crime is a rapidly developing field of crime
these days and it is increasing at a rapid date. Basically cyber crime is on the
rise because it is regarded to be that easiest method to commit a crime to
- According to the latest national crime records bureau NCRB data, a total
of 27,248 cases of cyber crime where registered in India in 2018.
- Only in Telangana, 1205 cyber, crime cases where registered in the 2018.
- Last year by the central government received 33,152 complaints till now
resulting in lodging of 790 FIRs.
We are living in a digital age and cyberspace is not limited to one's boundaries
rather it covers an entire world. As a result cyber crime is increasing day by
day in all the countries including India. Therefore, cyber, crime should be
given as much importance as other crime happening in our society be it theft,
rape, murder etc.
Written By: Abhishek Katiyar,
- Rachit Garg (2022) Cyber Crime laws in India from blog.ipleaders.in
- Nidhi Narnolia (2022 Cyber Crime:
- Pallavi kapila (2020) Cyber Crimes and Cyber laws in India from
- Aqa Raza (2016) Laws Relating to Cyber Crimes: Theories and Legal
Aspects from researchgate.net
- Jitendra Malik (2019) Privacy and Surveillance: The Law Relating to
Cyber Crimes India from researchgate.net
Vivekananda Global University Jaipur, Rajasthan
Please Drop Your Comments