Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Nri desertion  (Read 1805 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline r4runzun

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Nri desertion
« on: October 02, 2014, 08:59:29 AM »
Mine is a case of NRI desertion & I am still abroad. Please help what best steps i can take to ensure justice. I got married to my husband on 2nd Jan,2014. He is working in -Antwerpen Belgium and residing in Antwerpen. I got my dependent visa & joined him here on 11th Aug,2014.

Since the day I came here he & his family (based in Mumbai,India) are harassing me to send be back to India without any valid reason. He has beaten me badly, tried to kill me & locked me in the house on more than 5 occasions & always threatening me that he will divorce me & send back to India on no grounds. He has asked for dowry on more than 10 occasions. I have tolerated all just to save my marriage.

Situation got worse on 13th Sep,2014 when he beaten me in fornt of his three collegues at our antwerpen residence, and he and his family were forcing me to go to India.

On 15th Sep,2014- He forced me to give my passport to him to which I denied. As I was feeling insecure- I launched a complaint in police station mentioning his violence & mental harassment. I am attaching copy of complaint with my pics after his violence.

On 19th Sep,2014- He left me here in the house & not supporting me in anything. I didn't even have money to go to hospital after his violence. I am here left out without food & money. He & his family are still forcing me to go back to India, so that his case is clear here in my absence & he will be saved as he don't have any intentions to go to India. Its a simple case of deserting me on no grounds, they are making me helpless by not giving me minimum source of livelihood- so that I go back to India & he stays clean here.

On 25th Sep,2014- He came to give me 200 euros after requesting a lot and gave me final warning to send 50 lakhs to his mumbai home, If I want to stay here with him. I am a middlre class girl, from where will my dad get so much money, he already spent 20 lakhs in my wedding.

Three days back- His lawyer called me to vacate the house & stating he has requested to cancel my visa. I checked at embaassy-my visa is very much valid. He is just coming with excuses to throw me out from here. Once I go to India it will be very difficult for me & my family to trace him. I would like to add- this is his second marriage & they abandoned first girl also for no reason. I have full intuitions that very soon he will be throwing me out of his house as well. As of now he is not staying with me. What all cases I can register against him after going to India. As I am here police is not filing FIR in my absence. Please advise.

Offline advuma

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 295
  • Karma: +12/-5
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Nri desertion
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 10:59:40 PM »
You should report the matter to indian embassy secondly get in touch with a woman ngo in your city to bail you out of this situation
if u like my posting plz submit your comments

Hi, I am advocate Uma Saika, from Assam

Offline shalini a

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Nri desertion
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 05:33:03 AM »
you must inform the belgian police and authorities of torture not the indian police.i guess you did not take the pamplet issued in embassy while you get the visa before leaving. it clearly states to go to the nearest police station to inform any torture by the spouse.he may even get deported.whether you complain to police here or there his reaction is going to be negative.

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Nri desertion
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 05:33:03 AM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India