Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: After filing 498a, divorce by means of "Khula" possible in Muslim Personal Law?  (Read 2273 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Mudassar Shaikh

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
My wife has filed 498a against me & my family 8 months back. Every one got bail & now the matter is pending in court from last 7 months. Case have not even started up. Charges filed are 498a, 342, 323, 504 & 506.

No divorce is initiated by either of the party after this.

Now my in-laws have realized that their daughter is stuck in this court case & i can easily move for 2nd marraige as per Muslim Personal law. We both are Muslim family & it was a arrange marriage done by nikaah.

My in-laws are planning to get their daughter married again & getting a divorce by means of "Khula" as they realise this court case will go on for years. I have not given any talaaq / divorce to her.

The main point here is, can a muslim women get divorce directly via means of "Khula" even if the matter is pending in court? is it possible as per the law?

I need serious & expert suggestion as how to stop this!

Kindly advise


Offline advjaibansal

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 884
  • Karma: +25/-19
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Dear Sir,

IF the choice of Khulla is given in the Nikahnama, then your wife can certainly get married by exercising her rights. As you can get married again as per Muslim Law, she may also get married if the said choice is given in the NIkahnama. Normally khulla is exercised when both the parties are ready for divorce. Rather than fighting, why don't u settle the matter and give talaq to your wife and get rid of these court cases.

jai bansal, advocate
new delhi
supreme court of india
jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
mobile: 09868566649


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India