Topic: Enforcement And Penalties
CHAPTER V Enforcement And Penalties
29. Enforcement of orders and recovery of expenses. - (1) Where by any rule, notification, notice, requisition, order or direction made under this Act, any person is required to take any measure or to do anything-(a) in respect of any animal, carcass of any animal or other thing in his custody or charge, the same shall be promptly complied with by that person;(b) in case of any stray or ownerless animal, carcass of such animal or parts thereof, the same shall be promptly complied with by the municipality or Panchayat, as the case may be, at its cost.(2) If the measures as referred to in sub-section (1) are not taken within such time as may be allowed for the purpose, the authority issuing the notice, requisition, order or direction, may cause the measures to be taken at the cost of the person or municipality or Panchayat, as the case may be, who or which was required to take the measures.(3) The costs of any measures taken under sub-section (2), shall be recoverable from the person or the municipality or Panchayat, as the case may be, concerned in the manner provided by the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973, for the recovery of fines imposed by a Court, as if such costs were a fine imposed by a Court.
30. Village Officers, etc., to assist. - All Municipal, Panchayat or Village Officers and all officers of the rural and dairy development, revenue, agriculture, animal husbandry and veterinary departments of the State Government, shall be bound-(a) to give immediate information to the Veterinary Officer and to the Veterinarian having jurisdiction in the area regarding the prevalence of a scheduled disease amongst any animal or species of animals, in the area;(b) to take all necessary measures to prevent the outbreak or spread of any scheduled disease; and(c) to assist the Veterinary Officer and the Veterinarian in the discharge of their duties or in the exercise of their powers under this Act.
31. Penalty for issuing vaccination certificate without authority or administering defective vaccine. - If any person issues a vaccination certificate,-(a) without authority or competence in that behalf, or (b) after administering the vaccine which is known to be defective in any manner,he shall be guilty of an offence punishable with a fine of five thousand rupees or in case of non-payment of fine with imprisonment which may extend to one month, and in the case of any subsequent offence, with fine of ten thousand rupees or with imprisonment which may extend to three months.
32. Penalties. - Any person who contravenes the provisions of this Act or obstructs the Competent Officer in performing his duties shall be guilty of an offence punishable with fine which may extend to one thousand rupees, and in case of failure to pay the penalty with imprisonment for a term which may extend to one month; and in the case of any subsequent offence (whether under the same provision or any other provision of this Act except in case of sections 31 and 33) with a fine of two thousand rupees, or with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two months in case of non-payment of the penalty.
33. Penalty for placing infected animal or carcass in river, etc. - Whoever places or causes or permits to be placed in any river, lake, canal or any other water body, the carcass or any part of the carcass of any animal which at the time of its death was known to be infected, shall be guilty of an offence and, on conviction, be punished, in the case of a first offence with fine of two thousand rupees or with imprisonment of one month in case of non-payment of fine and in the case of subsequent conviction with a fine of five thousand rupees or imprisonment for a term which may extend to three months or with both.
34. Offences by companies. - (1) Where an offence under this Act has been committed by a company, every person who at the time the offence was committed was in charge of, and was responsible to, the company for the conduct of the business of the company, as well as the company, shall be deemed to be guilty of the offence and shall be liable to be proceeded and punished accordingly:Provided that nothing contained in this sub-section shall render such person liable to any punishment provided in this Act, if he proves that the offence was committed without his knowledge or that he had exercised all due diligence to prevent the commission of such offence.(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), where an offence under this Act has been committed by a company and it is proved that the offence has been committed with the consent or connivance of, or is attributable to any neglect on the part of, any director, manager, secretary or other officer of the company, such director, manager, secretary or other officer shall also be deemed to be guilty of that offence and shall be liable to be proceeded against and punished accordingly.Explanation.-For the purposes of this section,-(a) ''company" means any body corporate and includes a co-operative society registered or deemed to be registered under any law for the time being in force, a firm or other association of individuals; and(b) "director", in relation to a firm, means a partner in the firm.