Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: A branch or liaison office of a foreign company purchase immovable property?  (Read 3627 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline advkartik

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 157
  • Karma: +4/-0
  • I this is advocate kartik, ask me your law query
    • View Profile
In Case of Branch Office: A foreign company which has established a Branch Office or other place of business in India, in accordance with the Foreign Exchange Management (Establishment in India of Branch or Office or other Place of Business) Regulations, 2000,

Can acquire any immovable property in India, which is necessary for or incidental to carrying on such activity.

The payment for acquiring such a property should be made by way of foreign inward remittance through the proper banking channels.

A declaration in form IPI should be filed with the Reserve Bank within ninety days from the date of acquiring the property.

Such a property can also be mortgaged with an Authorised Dealer as a security for the purpose of borrowings.

On winding up of the business, the sale proceeds of such property can be repatriated only with the prior approval of the Reserve Bank.

Further, acquisition of immovable property by entities incorporated in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, China, Iran, Nepal and Bhutan and who have set up Branch Offices in India and would require prior approval of the Reserve Bank.

Liaison office: However, if the foreign company has established a Liaison Office in India, it cannot acquire immovable property. In such cases, Liaison Offices can acquire property by way of lease not exceeding 5 years.

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India