Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
  Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Section 497, IPC - Adultery  (Read 3835 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline advamrita

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 186
  • Karma: +7/-1
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Section 497, IPC - Adultery
« on: May 17, 2012, 04:35:06 AM »
Section 497, I.P.C. states, “Whoever has sexual intercourse with a person who is and whom he knows or has reason to believe to be the wife of another man, without the consent or connivance of that man, such sexual intercourse not amounting to the offence of rape, is guilty of the offence of adultery, and shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to five years or with fine, or with both. In such case the wife shall not be punishable as an abettor.”

Adultery, thus, is an offence committed by a person by having sexual intercourse with a married woman without the consent and connivance of the husband of that woman. For the offence of adultery, it is essential that,
(i) there must be a sexual intercourse by a man with the wife of another man;

(ii) the person must have the knowledge or reason to believe that the woman is the wife of another man;

(iii) such sexual intercourse must be without the consent or connivance of the husband; and

(iv) such sexual intercourse must not amount to rape. Therefore, a sexual intercourse by a man with a married woman whose husband has given consent to such intercourse does not come within the sweep of S. 497, I.P.C.

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Section 497, IPC - Adultery
« on: May 17, 2012, 04:35:06 AM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India