Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Ancestral property and government rules.  (Read 1917 times)

Offline sreepillaiz

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Ancestral property and government rules.
« on: December 17, 2012, 01:52:25 AM »
My father left his 20cents of land (which he got as ancestral property) and a house he built on it in my name. We are living here for the past 24 years. Basement was built a further 10years back. I remember, my father told that this property was given to tenants around 4 or 5 decades back. But later our grand father gave them another land for free and got this property vacated for building shops. The tenants who left were always faithful and thankful towards our grand parents and they maintained a good relationship with our father also.
There is a borewell with a manually operating pipe (which was used in olden days) in our property. Water never comes through that. Once a panchayat president, a friend of my dad told that it might be established by government once for the sake of people. Our grand parents were very liberal people. They have donated their land for opening schools, government hospitals etc. So we believe even that pipe, our grand father might have willingly allowed the government to place it at the corner of our plot for the sake of service. But it never worked and people might have forgotten that. We also built the fencing wall around our 20 cents including the pipe. Even before the house foundation was built, that pipe was NOT USED by anyone.
But recently village officer came to our house and asked if cattle was fed in our plot before and asked for revenue tax papers. WE said we dont remember any cattle fed in our land. But we feel now that that pipe might be the reason for that. WHat should we do now? Is it ok if we remove that pipe without anymore people noticing it? What all can we expect now? Will the government claim our land? We have all papers to prove it is a private owned land, our ancestral property. If government took over, even government should have the paper to prove that, dont they? How far we can defend our land? how far is the chances of winning/loosing.... Please help with a reply..

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India