Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: American citizen holding 17 acre inherited property in india  (Read 1880 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline kevin9

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
American citizen holding 17 acre inherited property in india
« on: February 15, 2013, 08:55:20 AM »
Its a very old property of my uncle. It was inherited 20 years ago by a guy who was born in India but later settled in USA. Its approx 16 to 18 acres and expensive more than 1 crore per acre.
Is it legal for him to own so much land in India ?
That land isn't used for generating any income. Some care taker and few servants live in that house. They have been living there for past 15 years.
They get some salary for taking care.
The owner of that property who is in USA comes every year for a month or two to live there.
Can he pass or give that property after his death to his relatives ? Unfortunately his relatives are also Non-Indian so can he pass that property to NON-INDIAN relatives?

And I read somewhere that its dangerous to keep the property vacant if someone starts living there than they have the legal rights on that property ? Do the servants living there have any legal rights ? And what kinds of rights is being talked about here
"3. Leave the property vacant) This is tricky in India. Some people do it but there are risks. People may come to live in your property or on your land, and by doing so, gain rights. You also then have a non-productive asset which is neither earning income nor giving you a capital gain which you can invest. Your property may be appreciating in value, which is good, but it could also get run down if you are not able to maintain it properly. source:- "
What would be the approx. house tax on that property?


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India