Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: what are my rights against chanda collection by politicians ?  (Read 2680 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline i.m.kukreja

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Now I and my family belong to a lower middle class family. My father is the owner of a shop i the main market of the town. The income generated from the business is very less for the education of the youngsters in the house. The family is completely surviving on support from the close relatives.

Now, if any political party member or members come to my shop and ask for 'CHANDA', and straight away they ask for a donation of Rs.501(not at all affordable), and refuse to accept even Rs.101 which I can hardly afford, but still if they ask for Rs.501, what rights do I have being a citizen of India to oppose them or refuse to give them the amount demanded by them ?

Are there any provisions in the Law for these situations ?

Offline advocatesingh

  • Professional legal Expert
  • ***
  • Posts: 80
  • Karma: +1/-0
  • Singh and Associates - experts in Civil laws
    • View Profile
Re: what are my rights against chanda collection by politicians ?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 06:30:32 AM »
Chanda means voluntary donation not demand a donation, demand becomes extortion, in your case.
since we live in India and the political parties are high and powerful a direct all out attack on them will be futile.

do something next time they ask for money simply get it recorded. and drop in a mail here. I will get it up in news chennals and lodge an FIr on your behalf. this way we can hope for some justice.
Singh and Associates
Civil law experts

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: what are my rights against chanda collection by politicians ?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 06:30:32 AM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India