Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Recovery of Amount from former employee  (Read 1338 times)

Offline username12

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Recovery of Amount from former employee
« on: May 01, 2013, 03:20:25 AM »
Hi,

I have in a very interesting situation here and will appreciate help and advice.
I was working with a Top IT company and was sent to USA on an onsite assignment.  My contract stated that I will get two salaries one in India and other one at USA but my Indian salary will be deducted from my USA salary. I stayed onsite for 4 years with this company and left them in USA itself. At the time of leaving I had no dues but suddenly 10 months after leaving I got a letter from this company stating I own them close to USD 26k and upon clarification I found that the Indian part of my salary was never deducted from my US salary for 4 years and this came up in an audit recently done.
Unfortunately when I received this notice, I moved to Australia from USA. I agreed to pay back the amount on condition that I will only pay the amount that was credited in my account after IT deductions and as it was a mistake on company's part they should bear this lose.
I was constantly emailing HR and payroll department to give me the update on my request to resolve this issue but got no response.  Suddenly they have sent me a notice asking me to payback the whole amount in INR. Instead I proposed to payback the Indian salary credited in my bank account while I was in US and here also company should bear the IT deducted but again no response.
As I am currently in Australia I don't know how to proceed with this case. I am neither getting any response on the email address mentioned in the notice nor is anybody picking up the phone mentioned in the notice.
It is very frustrating situation and now I want to protect myself from any law suit. 
Can you please advise what should be my course of action in this case so that I can make this deal fair and free from any legal complications?

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India