Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Defamation or 420 ?  (Read 2223 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline azure

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Defamation or 420 ?
« on: May 10, 2013, 01:49:07 AM »
Respected experts,
My x-father in law (a high ranking officer in defence and a highly influential person)
had registered an engagement ceremony as a marriage under Hindu Act. The certificate
for which was issued on the same day. HE had connections with IAS officers as well.
My family and I were totaly unaware of this until he showed the impugned marriage
certificate to us a few days later. They forced us to keep this silent until the
actual marriage was performed. 
His daugther works in London and they instigated me to apply for dependant visa and
work in London as well.
So i resigned from my job and flew to london. Upon arriving, she took away my
belongings, money and passport (mentioning that it would be in safe custody).
She made me sign a few papers with her company (consultancy firm) and since I trusted her
I did so.
I managed to acquire a job within 1 month of my arrival in london as a Software
engineer with a government organization. Upon completing one month, I was surprised to see that my salary is being diverted
to her business account instead of mine. When i questioned her and father in law.
They mentioned its for saving tax. Confused, but still trusting them I let it be.
The marriage was to be held 6 months later after the engagement and just a few days
prior to the day of marriage, they called off the wedding and asked me to leave
london. I tried my best to keep the relationship alive but all attempts failed.
The father-in-law, then started showing his true colors by sending letters to the
Indian embassy in UK, calling me a criminal, accused me of domestic violence and
demanding dowry. He asked them to take serious action against me. His other threats were
of similar nature but through emails and calls, he started harasing my family as well
in india (including my grandmother).
He filed false dowry and mental harassment cases against my whole family with the women police.
He approached high ranking officials through his contacts with false allegations against my family
As i was on a dependant visa, and disturbed by this inhuman behaviour of both father-in-law and daughter
and also frequent visits of her friends who thretened me to leave london
,I had no choice but to return back and file for a annulment of marriage, mentoning all
the above truth and on grounds that there was no ceremonies or rituals performed.
The accused (father-in-law) was present on the first hearing and accepted all the charges as mentioned above.
Though, his daugther was not present and there was No Written "No-Objection" submitted by them.
They had got a 70+ year old lawyer (who claimed to be a x-judge himself). The honourable
judge of family court, accepted their "oral no-objection" and granted me annulment in my favour
However, they did not release my salary which amounts to lakhs of rupees in Indian currency. To make matters worse ,my family name and beliefs have have taken a big hit.
Through the RTI act, we acquired his false complaint to the women police.
enclosed within, we found letters to ASP, IAS officers and other  high ranking officers.
His letter to the Indian embasy in UK was also present.
In all his letters he made very serious allegations and addresed my entire family as criminals.
He falsely claimed that we made him bare all expenses, as a form of dowry,  of the marriage (which was called off) but all the bills are with us, which implicitly proves his allegations untrue.
AFter the first court hearing, he withdrew his police complaint and conceeded to his crimes in court only "oraly".
Please do let me know if his strategy of acceptance by oral conduct will prevent me from filing further cases.
Dear experts, I request you to guide me on what I can do further to acquire back
my salary which is my right.
Do I have strong grounds for a 420 case ? knowing there was only an oral "no-objection" but not
a written submission?
Can a defamation be filed as well.? if yes, is it possible to file for a Civil or Criminal or BOTH.

Thanking you in advance.

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India