Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: undated cheque validity  (Read 3155 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline aveluru2

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
undated cheque validity
« on: May 11, 2013, 01:51:00 AM »
I have bought a house and fell short of one lakh while registration of the house, so I wanted to cancel the agreement and intimated the same to builder. But the builder, promised that he will arrange for top up loan 100% sure and said that the balance 1 lakh can be paid after i get the top up loan and he took a undated cheque of 1 lakh rupees from me as security in the month of August 2011.  In June 2012, the builder presented the cheque to the bank without any intimation and cheque bounced as there were no funds.
In Dec 2011, builder intimated that he cannot arrange for a top up loan due to the rules have changed in banks recently, and asked me to pay the one lakh amount within 15 days.  I mailed him that as I was not prepared with the amount because i went ahead with registration only on his promise that he will arrange for a top up loan. I also mailed him that I will pay for sure before May 31, 2013.
Builder couldn't wait for the above proposed date by me and present cheque to bank on 24/06/2012(date was put by builder himself) without any intimation to me. As the cheque got bounced he filed 138 NI case saying that I have issued a postdated cheque for 24/06/2012 where as false, i didn't write any date at the time I issued the cheque.
Please suggest how should I prove to the court that I issued a undated cheque and how can I proceed further with defense.


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India