Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Important question regarding a "stay order".  (Read 1116 times)

Offline creative79

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Important question regarding a "stay order".
« on: June 24, 2013, 02:03:11 AM »
Background:
Our grandfather declared his property as a trust and nominated us as trustees. However, since the property was of little benefit a trust we managed to get it under our name through a court order after our grandfather died. Taking advantage of that, a so-called relative of our grandfather also claimed a share in this property.

Now the case has been going on for ages at the lower district court. We have no problem with that because the plaintiff has little chance of winning the case. However, about 8 years ago, he managed to obtain a "stay order" on the property. The court-order says "the status quo has to be maintained in terms of construction and sale of the said property till the hearing of a certain application". For the last 8 years we are trying for the court to hear this application but to no avail, because the plaintiff keeps delaying it. Recently, he has also stolen a few old files from the court, so that is causing further delays.

Question:
I understand that as long as this stay order remains we are not allowed to construct anything on this property. However, we also live in the same property and our residence badly needs some renovation, if not reconstruction. Could you please tell us whether we can renovate our house? If yes, to what extent (for example, can we change the flooring, repair the roof and some interiors etc)? If not, is there a way to at least maintain our house as a safe habitable place?

Thank you very much

Offline creative79

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
Re: Important question regarding a "stay order".
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 05:51:27 AM »
I see that almost all the posts get some replies but I am wondering why no one has proposed a solution for me yet. Is there some confusion about my confusion?

Please reply, as it would help me to decide what I should do in the coming few days.

Offline advamrita

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
Re: Important question regarding a "stay order".
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 12:21:50 AM »
you may seek permission from the court to carry out any renovation which should not in any way affect the rights of the other party. court will probably give u permission to do that , you may file an application to the court before the next date of hearing

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India