Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Can I get Share of my Mother's House  (Read 1372 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline gopalpandit

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Can I get Share of my Mother's House
« on: July 25, 2013, 04:47:51 AM »
My mom owned our house. After her demise, my dad remarried and has one

daughters from that marriage. when I was still a Minor, my stepmother forced dad and me to transfer our shares to her. Now I am 31 and my stepmother is no more.

Can I get back my share? If yes, how do I go about it and how much shall I get back?

Offline Advocate-ashoksen

  • Jr. Legal Expert
  • **
  • Posts: 69
  • Karma: +3/-1
  • Advocate Ashok Sen Calcutta High Court
    • View Profile
Re: Can I get Share of my Mother's House
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 04:50:44 AM »
Plz note that disposal of immovable property by a natural guardian  other than for the benefit of the minor or without obtaining previous permission of the court is voidable.

In such cases a minor can file a civil suit to avoid the transfer and also seek recovery of possession. However, it should be done within three years from the date of attaining adulthood.

As it appears, you have one-third share in the property of your mother. You may still file a suit against the legal heirs of your stepmother.
Advocate Ashok Sen Calcutta High Court

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Can I get Share of my Mother's House
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 04:50:44 AM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India