Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Mutual Divorce - share in husband's assets  (Read 1904 times)

Offline 498avictim2013@gmail.com

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Mutual Divorce - share in husband's assets
« on: August 18, 2013, 09:27:24 AM »
Hello Respected Advocates....Greetings!!

Sad to say that I am also a victim of 498a & Domestic Violence etc sections/cases. I tried to save my marriage 3 times, but later came to know that my situation gone worst even after many compromises. Later, I came to know that she married me only for money and plans are in place to tie a knot with her another guy. Even, her relatives informally warned her about this, but surprisingly her parents are supporting her.

Later, my wife and myself decided to for a Mutual Consent and we both agreed for 6 laks as part of FULL & FINAL settlement, but yet to file the petition. Meanwhile, I am preparing to gather the agreed 6 lakhs (even this amount is a big burden to me...but wanted to settle matter peacefully without any cases/headaches etc) and planning to document MoU and file Mutual Divorce petition in a couple of days. The false case filed against me has been withdrawn by my wife.

Now, the problem is - My wife says that she needs share in my properties aswell. In our initial discussions, both parties agreed for FULL & FINAL settlement for 6 laks. But, to save my properties, I said to the girl and advocate that I do not possess any properties on my name.

My properties on my name

1. Small House (purchased thro'  Home Loan. still i am paying the Home loan EMIs)

2. Land/Site (purchased with cash)

Request your kind help on the below concerns:

1. Can my wife claim for a share in my properties mentioned above, in case of Mutual divorce?. If so, what are the precautions I need to take to save my properties.

2. Advocate asked to deposit 50% of the settlement amount (ie 3.5 laks) to her (Advocate's) bank account (through NEFT/internet banking) and she said the same will be mentioned in the MoU of the Mutual consent petition. She also said that a receipt will be served to me for the above payment. Is this process fine?

3. Even if we file the Mutual Petition now, can my wife file any petition for increase of settlement amount/money or share in my properties etc, during or after the trail (ie after the first motion and within 6 months or during final hearing or after 6 months or after the decree etc)

Kindly help and guide me.

Thanks in advance.

---

Ashish Kumar. S

Offline advamrita

• Veteran at Law
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Mutual Divorce - share in husband's assets
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 09:52:22 PM »
Amount should be paid by checque in the first hearing in presence of the judge, so that it is mentioned in the order sheet

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India