Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Hiring a Builder to Erect a Building (Mumbai)  (Read 1204 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline aniln

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Hiring a Builder to Erect a Building (Mumbai)
« on: August 29, 2013, 12:39:21 AM »
Hello everyone,

I have been a long time lurker of this forum but never registered until now :)

We live in mumbai. My late father married twice since his first wife passed away. He has children from both wives. After father passed away in the 80s, the family entered into a long legal dispute over property which has finally concluded with the court judgement.

Fathers property of 600 sq meters has been divided into three shares:

1) 200sq mtrs to my uncle(he is my fathers brother son)
2) 200sq mtrs to his first wife and their children
3) 200sq mtrs to his second wife and their children(I'm the son of this wife)

We have had enough. We are tried and exausted to fight anymore. All we want now is to erect a building on this 600sq mtr property. We(ie, second wife family) have appointed a builder for this purpose. He is instructed to carry out the work by talking to all the three families.

I(second wife family) have submitted the following documents to the builder:

1) An MoU
2) Power of attorney
3) Letter of consent

The power of attorney says that "second wife" is the owner of "600 sq mtrs" of land but it is not true. There are two other families who own 1/3rd share each.

My question is why would a builder make this false claim? Is this possible?


I have to confess that we don't know the actual process of entering into a contract with a builder for erecting a building. I request the knowledgeable people on this forum to please provide as much information as possible to help me understand this thoroughly.

My sincere regards,
Anil Sawant

Offline advjaya

  • Sr. Legal Expert
  • ****
  • Posts: 113
  • Karma: +4/-5
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Hiring a Builder to Erect a Building (Mumbai)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 07:37:05 PM »
you need a lawyer to get the agreement between u and your builder done to avoid future problems.
Madras High Court Advocate


  • Jr. Legal Expert
  • **
  • Posts: 36
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Hiring a Builder to Erect a Building (Mumbai)
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 12:57:58 AM »
However, based on my understanding from what you have stated in your post, you all may collectively enter into a development agreement with the builder and have the same registered along with the court judgement you have written about.


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India