Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Register marriage  (Read 2801 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Rambo1980

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Register marriage
« on: September 30, 2013, 02:59:18 AM »

Me any my girl friend did register marriage 4 years back but are not living together, there is no intimacy between us. Now I want to move on from this relationship as she is not ready to come to alternate solutions to proceed with married life.

What action I need to take? can this register marriage be nullified or made void?

PS: I have not collected the marriage certificate from registrar office till date as I was busy in travelling and setting up my career.

Any advise will be of great help

Offline advRanjithRajagopal

  • Sr. Legal Expert
  • ****
  • Posts: 103
  • Karma: +2/-0
  • adv.Ranjith Rajagopal
    • View Profile
Re: Register marriage
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 12:14:22 AM »
Since the marriage is not consummated you can apply for nullity of marriage.

will your wife appear before the court for this?
adv.Ranjith Rajagopal


  • Jr. Legal Expert
  • **
  • Posts: 36
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Register marriage
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 05:46:49 AM »
Both of you will have to appear before the court for this?

Offline Advokaterajiv

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 14
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Register marriage
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 10:42:54 PM »
Dear Sir,

Any marriage solemnized, whether before or after the commencement of the Indian Divorce (Amendment) Act, 2001, may, on a petition presented to the District Court either by the husband or the wife, be dissolved on the ground that since the solemnization of the marriage, the respondent has wilfully refused to consummate the marriage and the marriage has not therefore been consummated;

Also, refusal to consummate the marriage constitutes a continuing, recurring and ever present state of affairs. The grievance of the husband continues to exist and is not solely based on a remote past event.

The Supreme Court considered the question of marriage without sex in the case of Vinita Saxena v. Pankaj Pandit and observed that spouses owe rights and duties to each other and in their relationship they must act reasonably. In every case where cruelty exists it is possible to say that the spouse at fault has been unreasonable. The list of cruelty, therefore, should be breach of the duty to act reasonably, whether in omission or commission, causing injury to health. Such a list avoids imputing an intention where in fact none may exist. Further all such matters are foresight, desires, wishes, intention, motives, perception, obtuseness, persistence and indifference would remain relevant but merely as a matter of evidence bearing upon the requirement to act reasonably or as aggravation of the matters charged.

The Supreme Court quoted with approval the decision of the Delhi High Court in Rita Nijhawan v. Balkrishan Nijhawan , wherein it was held : "Marriage without sex is an anathema. Sex is the foundation of marriage and without a vigorous and harmonious sexual activity it would be impossible for any marriage to continue for long."
So, there are three remedies that you can avail in this particular case
1.        File for Restitution of Conjugal Rights
2.        Seek decree for Judicial Separation
3.        Seek Divorce on the ground of desertion.

However, it would be better if you seek personalized legal advice from an experience lawyer after telling about the specification of the case.

Adv. Rajiv Malhotra


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India