Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: How can a Muslim wife divorce in India  (Read 1548 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Faisal Saif

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 6
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
How can a Muslim wife divorce in India
« on: October 10, 2013, 07:23:28 AM »
How can a Muslim Husband divorce in India, what are the laws

Offline advocate-lyngdoh

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 192
  • Karma: +5/-1
  • Member of Shillong Bar Association
    • View Profile
Re: How can a Muslim wife divorce in India
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 07:31:00 AM »
# Talaqetafwiz: talaq by the wife under the husbands delegated power.
# Divorce By Judicial Decree Under Dissolution Of Muslim Marriage Act 1939.

Following are the grounds on which a marriage maybe dissolved under the Marriage Act.

# Lian: Where the wife is charged with adultery and the charge is false.She can file a regular suit for dissolution of marriage as a mere application to the court is not the proper procedure.
# Fask: The cancellation, abolition, revocation, annulment. Before the passing of the dissolution of Marriage Act, Muslim women could only apply for the dissolution of their marriage under the doctrine of Fask.

Woman Right To Divorce Under The Dissolution Of Muslim Marriage Act. 1939

A Muslim woman may file for divorce on the following grounds:

# That the whereabouts of the husband have not been known for a period of 4 years
# That the husband has neglected or has failed to provide for her maintenance for a period of two years.
# That the husband has been sentenced to imprisonment for a period of seven years or upwards.
# That the husband has failed to fulfill his marital obligation for a period of three years.
# That the husband has been insane for two years or is suffering from leprosy or a virulent form of venereal disease.
# That the husband was impotent at the time of marriage and continues to be so.

The women, having been given in marriage by her father or other guardian before she attained the age of 15 years, repudiated the marriage before attaining the age of 18.
Advocate Lyngdoh
Laitumkhrah, Shillong


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India