Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
  Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Builder Not Rectifying Defective Flat  (Read 3144 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline MB

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Builder Not Rectifying Defective Flat
« on: April 06, 2013, 07:17:03 AM »
I bought a resale apartment that was brand new. This sale was facilitated by the builder who refused to let me meet the seller. Soon after moving in, I observed cracks and big holes that civil engineers claim is due to bad material used. The builder is refusing to correct this flaw. What should I do?

Offline advamrita

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 191
  • Karma: +7/-1
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Builder Not Rectifying Defective Flat
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 09:03:57 PM »
send a legal Notice stating the defects and asking him for repair. if he does it fine if not
kindly note you have to file within 2 yrs from the date of cause of action or else you will be time bound

Offline Advokaterajiv

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 14
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Builder Not Rectifying Defective Flat
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 02:36:01 AM »
This is a case of mis-representation. And according to Section 19 of Indian Contract Act, 1872, “When consent to an agreement is caused by misrepresentation, the agreement is a contract voidable at the option of the party whose consent was so caused. A party to contract, whose consent was caused by fraud or mispresentation, may, if he thinks fit, insist that the contract shall be performed, and that he shall be put on the position in which he would have been if the representations made had been true.”

So, as per this section you are left with two choices either to rescind the contract and ask for your money back. However, if you don’t want to do that, then you may ask for the loss to be undone, which is apparent from the second half of the section. By this you can ask him to arrange for the necessary repairs or in the alternate pay for the same.

It has been held in the landmark case of Sorabshah Pestonji vs The Secretary Of State For India that in case of contract concluded as a result of mis-representation, there are two remedies: (1) avoidance or rescission, and (2) completion and the enforcement of the representation.
Apart from that you can also go to the Consumer Forum, claiming deficiency in services.

Adv. Rajiv Malhotra

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India