Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Foreign child bride in india and the applicability of laws  (Read 1655 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline royalthoughtsonline

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Foreign child bride in india and the applicability of laws
« on: November 11, 2013, 03:52:33 AM »
Hey I am a indian born Yemeni citizen. I want to relocate to india for a certain period of time. My family also wants to be with me . I heard age of consent of these countries vary. Can I legally stay in india with my minore wife. She is 10 years old and we are legally married in yemen according to shariat code. If yes , then do I have to abstain any intimacy from my wife , as law of lands apply ( I heard in india , age of consent for married girls is 16) . if this forum can help me out , I will be truelly gratefull . ( my indian friend no is enclosed ) thank you

Offline advJitu

  • Jr. Legal Expert
  • **
  • Posts: 66
  • Karma: +4/-0
  • I'm Advocate Jitu, Champion - Company law in India
    • View Profile
Re: Foreign child bride in india and the applicability of laws
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 07:01:53 AM »
Marriageable age is 18yrs, yes in India you cannot reside as man and wife with a girl of 10 years this is not acceptable.

and if you maintain a man and wife relationship with a girl of tender age it will be considered rape with or without her consent which is a punishable offence
Advocate Jitu, Champion -
Company law expert from Mumbai City

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India