Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: LEGAL ADVICE NEEDED  (Read 1290 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline jroy

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
« on: November 14, 2013, 11:28:53 PM »
My marriage took place in Orissa in Church , the marriage is not registered , we now reside in Goa  , we want to file MUTUAL CONSENT DIVORCE , I am told that I cannot file it in GOA as the law here requires that marriage should be held here, please advice .

Offline advkkreddy

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 163
  • Karma: +5/-3
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Places where divorce can be filed in India
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 12:45:07 AM »
you can file in 3 places
1) where u both got married
2) where you last resided together
and 3)  where the wife resides

any 3 places.

now regarding not having a marriage certificate, in such a case wedding photograph and wedding card will be required.
Champion in law of Torts in India

Offline Ashok gupta

  • Jr. Legal Expert
  • **
  • Posts: 55
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • lawyers in delhi
    • View Profile
    • Divorce Cases lawyers in delhi | Lawyers In Delhi|Delhi Lawyers
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 04:56:43 AM »
Adv kk reddy given all valuable suggestion to you. go for that.

Offline Rutumbhara.Advocate

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 11:19:50 PM »
Under Section 13B of the Hindu Marriage Act, both husband and wife can file petitions for mutual consent divorce. Before filing the petition, the couple must stay separately for at least six months. Divorce is granted after six-months citing that the marriage has irretrievably broken down, and that the spouses don't have any right on each other's property or person.

As Adv. K. Reddy has already mentioned the options with respect to the place for filing for divorce. 3rd option is best if it is convenient to you. This is to ensure that just in your wife changes her decision she cannot delay the process on account of inconvenience in being able to commute between her place of residence and the place where the divorce papers have been filed.

With respect to the non-registration of marriage, all that you need to prove a valid marriage as has again been advised by Adv. Reddy is photographs of the marriage along with a wedding card and in case further corroboration is  required some relatives/guests who attended the wedding can act as witness in your case..You may consult a lawyer in this regard. You can call me at 09555 507 507 or send me a mail at


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India