Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Hindu MArriage Act Section 25, 25(1) and 25(2)  (Read 2297 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ddamle

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Hindu MArriage Act Section 25, 25(1) and 25(2)
« on: December 06, 2013, 10:07:23 PM »
I am male 47 years old. My marriage was dissolved with mutual consent under section 13(b) of HMA. Sole Custody of my only child is with me. I had agreed to pay monthly alimony @ Rs. 1500/- per month. Ex-wife got the alimony revised / enhanced under Section 25(2) when I was employed for a short term in Dubai by Rs. 500/-. the alimony I have to pay now is Rs. 2000/- within this period I underwent a surgery for spinal cord tumor and after that I am orthopedically disabled and require a stick to walk. I have applied for revision of alimony and want to appeal to honourable court to rescind the order passed under section 25(2). What will be the amount under contention Rs. 2000/- or Rs. 500/- the enhancement.

please guide.   

Offline advocate-lyngdoh

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 197
  • Karma: +5/-1
  • Member of Shillong Bar Association
    • View Profile
Re: Hindu MArriage Act Section 25, 25(1) and 25(2)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 09:50:56 PM »
you can file an application in the high court for revision of the previous order based on your present situation, most probably the court may grant in your favour.

Its a good case you can give it a try
Advocate Lyngdoh
Laitumkhrah, Shillong

Offline Roohan

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Hindu MArriage Act Section 25, 25(1) and 25(2)
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 10:44:04 PM »
The court can rescind or modify the order at any stage if the circumstances so warrant, in such manner as the court may deem just. Rather, the awarding of alimony, its amount and duration are determined by the financial position, health and family circumstances of the respective spouses. You can file an application to rescind sec 25(2). You can approach the divorce lawyers from the link who can help you in this matter.

Adv Rohan

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India