Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Please help - How to protect myself from in laws while applying for divorce  (Read 1513 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline omshiva

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Am a pvt engineer & my parents are very old, they just cant fight with my in-laws family. They are threatening me very badly.

 married 3 months ago (as per HINDU marriage act - Chennai registered marriage), near my days marriage days i found my wife is little adamant on her issues, I just left & moved on with life. Later, one day for small disagreement, she threatened me by suicide & told she will put me & my family in trouble. (when we were in her home along with her parents.) if i didn't agree with ther.
 Later on i found she has attitude problems, she is not properly adjusting with my parents - she always avoiding my parents, found she has been advised by her parents too.

 One fine day morning for small dispute, she attempted for sucide (hang) in my home & i rescued her with help of my neighbour.
 After that incident i have sent my wife to her home for this reason, But her parents are telling me, these are all common problems in life & advising me to adjust with her.

 BUT STRANGE TRUTH I FOUND, her parents took her hospital to psychiatrist without informing me & (i found this while am speaking with my wife through phone)
 she admitted that she has some problem from her childhood days & treated with same psychiatrist, But her parents are hiding from me.

 along this she has serious wheezing problem & serious irregular menstrual cycle problem - they didn't informed about this to our family before marriage.

 my parents are worrying like they anything because of these issues. - we are all mentally disturbed lot.

Till now i didn't asked a ruppee as a dowry, but they have gifted to their daughter.

 Am planning for divorce but Am from lower middle class family - I dont have big financial & people support in society. AFRAID OF MY LIFE VERY BADLY. Please suggess what to do? - will be thankful to your life ever.

Offline advcaroltripathi

  • Professional legal Expert
  • ***
  • Posts: 90
  • Karma: +1/-4
  • Adv Carol Tripathi
    • View Profile
before going for any kind of legal recourse you should first of all gather as much evidence as possible.

But i don't think divorce at this stage would be apt, try to get things back to normal with your wife, get her home, please note that if you both stay away from each other things can never be ok.

Adv Carol Tripathi
Experts in Woman Harassment and Sexual Assault -
An Experienced Lawyer, a Dedicated Staff, a Place
Where Your Voice Will be Heard

Offline omshiva

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
thank you very much for your reply sir,

But if she do the same again in my home, how can i protect myself & our family from bad situation?
Is there anyway to record the suicide attempt now ?


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India