Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Water Leakage repair recovery  (Read 1256 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sameer@2014

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Water Leakage repair recovery
« on: January 28, 2014, 12:34:46 PM »
I reside on the second floor of a housing society. The flat below me had some leakage problem but around the main entrance. He asked me to let him do some repair from my flat to stop the leakage. Initially he offered to pay the full expense and also replace whatever floor tiles will be broken. Since the living room would look ugly with half different tiles, i asked him to replace the complete flooring. Initially he agreed, so i told him to give me in writing. Also since i was sure that the leakage might not be from my flat, as it was nowhere below my bathroom and this type of leakage was also visible in other flats, i refused to allow part replacement of the floor tiles and also any work without getting in writing. He however one day in a fit of anger, got a contractor and drilled holes from his ceiling, breached the floor slab and injected some expanding type foam which broke through the tiles in my house leaving a damage of around 5ft x 5ft. I filed a police complaint and got the entire flooring done and have submitted the bill to the society so they can claim it from the other party.

My query is,
- What step should i take next in order to ensure full payment is recovered?
- In such cases who is at fault and who is liable to pay?
- Society is asking me to accept 50% payment, since that is the rule for sharing leakage repair cost, but i refused since this was a deliberate act and want full payment.

Also attached is summary of events for your reference.

Please advise at the earliest since i will be meeting the house owner this Sunday, 1st Feb, 2014 to discuss the matter.

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India