Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Property settlement between two brothers  (Read 2287 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SSAANN

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Property settlement between two brothers
« on: January 29, 2014, 11:48:12 PM »
My family consists of my father (64), mother (60), myself and my younger brother. I'm married and have a kid. My younger brother is studying. There has been a lot of issues regarding my marriage due to which I'm not in good terms with my father, mother & brother. I'm suspecting that there will be a issue regarding the property settlement also. So I want to know the necessary details beforehand. The properties owned by my parents are listed below:
1. Ancestral plot in my father's name (He got it from his family settlement)
2. Ancestral plot in my mother's name (She got it from her family settlement)
3. A plot acquired by my father with his earnings.
4. A plot with the house where they are staying now, which my father has built with his earnings.

My doubts are:
1. What all can I demand as my share from the above listed?
2. Can my father give his earned property, house etc completely to my brother, without giving me a share of it?
3. Can he prepare the will without my consent or opinion?

PS: I don't have any documents related to the above listed properties.

Offline advmisthi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 227
  • Karma: +16/-3
  • Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
    • View Profile
Re: Property settlement between two brothers
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 07:22:54 PM »
Will is a last wish if adying man,woman.... How can their be any question of taking your advise on creating tthe will..... Infact nno one having interest in the will should know the content of it.....  Your father has the right to give whoever he wishes to, on properties earned and owned by your father.... As par ancestral property u should get your share only  after your parents death, provided your parents die without a registered will
Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
I am here to help, Shoot your legal problem to me, I promise I will help

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India