Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Marriage on the rocks @ in laws and husband  (Read 1902 times)

Offline Tincil

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Marriage on the rocks @ in laws and husband
« on: February 05, 2014, 10:13:54 AM »
Hi

I got married 3 years ago , we had a love marriage. first 1.5 years we spend in india living with mother in law and sister inlaw .Mother in law is very dominating and whats everything her way, but  shows off to husband  she cares for me.Husband initially supported me once or twice but mother in law used to get angry or cry .so husband just stopped empathizing with me and would not support , instead say " if u cant live with my family you can leave / take divorce, i regret marrying you" .
Money matters and discussion were down between mother and son behind closed door.there used to be some issue everyday and i was tired of it all.I was treated as an outsider.

1.5 years ago my husband found a job outside India and we came here ;until recently all was ok till one day i told him to invest in a house instead of a plot so that when we go back in 6 months time , we can live there as i cant live with mother in law. Then all fights started and again he started being insenstive  and oblivious to my feelings and same rude words " that i love my mother more i will leave you  or if u want you can stay in a separate flat i will vist u as and when i want".I feel that my life is just getting to messed up and this all is a emotional and mental torture .

Please advise
- how to proceed with divorce in a situation like this
- will my situation be considered  and justice given , will my case be strong on grounds of emotional and mental torture
- how will the settlement be in this case .i want them to understand that taking a divorce is not a joke that every time u can pressurize me and scare me by saying if you cant live like this , then u can go

Please help me

Offline advarjun

• Sr. Legal Expert
  • Advocate Arjun India's Finest legal expert
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage on the rocks @ in laws and husband
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 10:28:09 PM »
U can file for divorce on grounds of cruelty. U have not mentioned whether u have children or are u working or not, which city in India are u from ..kindly give details
Advocate Arjun India's Finest legal expert

Offline advocatepavitra

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
    • Madras high Court
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 10:34:14 PM »
File for maintenance along with divorce, you can also make a formal complaint in caw cell regarding the torture,  that can also help
Madras high Court Advocate

Offline Tincil

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 11:37:05 PM »
Hi all

Thanks !
we do not have a child . I am a working woman.
Also my husband and I used to live in Delhi , currently we are working out of India for a project .
If i do go ahead with the decision to divorce i will immediately return to delhi , stay separately (not with in laws) and file for divorce . what do you suggest .
My worry is -if i initiate the divorce , I will be at the receiving end and he will play pricy and not give me divorce easily .While if he initiates will that be better ?

Also
- If i am working , can i claim maintenance ( house rent , bills, medical  etc )
- he will inherit his mother's house , has LIC and savings in cash
-how do i claim settlement
- how should i make this a "lesson learnt "experience for him ( because there is no value for me in this relationship , he is always trying to accuse me and hold mother and himself in good light, just do not care how i feel emotionally  )

thanks

Offline Tincil

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 02:57:30 AM »
Hi

Please help on this issue . Im  in a bad situation .

Offline Tincil

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 01:07:59 PM »
please help .

Offline advkkreddy

• Sr. Legal Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 09:01:48 PM »
- If i am working , can i claim maintenance ( house rent , bills, medical  etc )
Ans: claim for maintenance would depend whether after divorce are u being able to maintain the same standard of living as u enjoy as a married person, if yes than chances of maintenance is deem.

- he will inherit his mother's house , has LIC and savings in cash
Ans: You have no claim over anything that belongs to his mother, nor do u have any claim over his savings

-how do i claim settlement
Ans: settlement is not claimed first of all, there are two ways in getting about it either u both mutually agree upon a lumpsum amount or file in court for alimony. since you are working u should try the first option.

- how should i make this a "lesson learnt "experience for him ( because there is no value for me in this relationship , he is always trying to accuse me and hold mother and himself in good light, just do not care how i feel emotionally  )
Ans: you can file for domestic violence, 498a etc, initally he will be harrased but if you are not able to prove the charges these things will back fire plus it is a long and lenghty process spanning over atleast 5 years and many court dates. at the end of it you might ask was it worth it.

Since your matter is in Delhi you speak to advocate Choudhury here is his ph no: 9873628941 he is an accomplished lawyer.

have a good day :)

Champion in law of Torts in India

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India