Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: divorce  (Read 1738 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline peterausger

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
« on: February 20, 2014, 07:09:41 AM »
Dear sir,

In 2012 Feb, I filed a divorce petition in Malapuram family court and after many sittings, I got my divorce granted recently (IT WAS AN EX PART DIVORCE, my ex wife didnít attend single sitting)

For a speedy settlement, I approached Kerala high court and the hon. high court requested the lower court to give the judgment at the earliest. (Even in high court she did not turn up)

My ex wife filed a petition under restitution of conjugal rights in 2012 March in Madurai court.
She attended the sittings for 3 or 4 times and after that she stopped.

My lawyer is representing me there and I have not attended single sitting. (Still the case is going on.)

Hon court has sent several notices to my ex wife but she did not turn up.

My question is can I request the Madurai court to close the case?
Based on the divorce granted by malapuram court, can I remarry?

Is it really required to attend the court proceedings in Madurai? Is that case valid ?

Kindly advice,


Offline advkkreddy

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 163
  • Karma: +5/-3
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: divorce
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 09:26:39 PM »
you file an application to that court along with a copy of the ex-parte divorce decree, for dismissing the matter.

yes you can re marry after the lapse of the limitation period.

now in ex-parte divorce wife can at later date challenge the divorce decree. this option is available to her, all she has to prove beyond reasonable doubt that she was not brought to notice of the ex-parte divorce proceedings, if she succeeds on doing that than the ex-parte divorce decree will be quashed
Champion in law of Torts in India

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: divorce
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 09:26:39 PM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India