Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: dowary act  (Read 2587 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ajayshuk

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 6
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
dowary act
« on: February 21, 2014, 01:24:54 AM »
sir my brother in law got marrid in nov 2011 and later on her wife go to his father in march 2012. after reaching her home she has filed fir under scetion 498 A in Nov 2012 on us and clamied that her father given so many articales in marrage on demand of bride. she also claim that her has given in cash 28000 thousend to me in marrige. she has also clamed that her father given cash around 3.0 Lac to bride and ornaments and other articles.although we have neither taken nor demanded any money or any such article from her father in marrige.
now let me know how we will prove it that we not taken any dowry because she is claiming that all the money has given in cash.
also let me what kind of articles in which form given by the father of groom will consider as dowary.

Offline advarjun

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 168
  • Karma: +8/-0
  • Advocate Arjun India's Finest legal expert
    • View Profile
Re: dowary act
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 09:37:37 PM »
dowry is that amount of money or article you have demanded from the wife's family.

but if u haven't demanded any than all that is given from wife's family is stridan

which she can demand back.

now why did she file 498a?

Advocate Arjun India's Finest legal expert

Offline Advocate M.Bhadra

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 153
  • Karma: +4/-3
  • Sr.Lawyer
    • View Profile
    • law empowerment
Re: dowary act
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 03:27:56 AM »
Taking of dowry is also an offence,you can produce proof by calling Bank statement of in-laws from where they had provided you at the time of marriage
--------------------Advocate M.Bhadra, Mob:09836589246


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India