Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Legal opinion : Property transaction  (Read 978 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline madhav71

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Legal opinion : Property transaction
« on: February 21, 2014, 01:26:26 AM »
My fatherís home was sold in 2000 as myself & my brother was not in the same city where the home was. So, the transaction amount was divided into three parts equally between my mother, brother & me. Myself & my brother invested the amount in property only to avoid capital gain tax. But to make my mother happy & feel secure, I included her name in the flat I purchased where as this was not the case of my brother. Then, as per my motherís desire, I given 1 lacs each to my three sisters from motherís share, even though my brother was against it.

As stated above, I have a purchased a flat in Mumbai in the joint name of me (first name in the agreement) and my mother (second name). But 2 month back I lost my mother & no WILL is made by her. Now would like to know what are the legal formalities I will have to do for following

1. Share certificate in my sole name? Society has not yet prepared & issued the share certificate to me. Hence, I already submitted an application along with the death certificate of my mother in the society requesting to issue the share certificate in my name.
2. If I want to sale the flat after say 6 months or 1 year? As first owner, can I alone do the transaction?

Now, in this context, is it mandatory to take NoC from all my siblings for doing any transaction of my flat? Whether my brother can ask claim on my flat?

Will be thankful if you can help me by giving legal opinion pls.


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India