Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Question of Live-In Relationship  (Read 1710 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sachiny2014

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Question of Live-In Relationship
« on: March 06, 2014, 02:11:51 AM »

My wife went for delivery to her parents in 5 years back and she has not been ready to come back since then. She took a job there without my knowledge and asking me to "Adjust" (travel from my workplace to her parent's from time to time) and resume our marriage. She is not even willing for mutual consent divorce.
We filed case for "Restitution of Conjugal Rights" in lower court and decree was made for her to go at my work place with our kid and cohabit with me.
But she appealed in district court against this and district court kept decree aside saying her stay was justified due to her job.

We are appealing in high court against this.
Looking at the history of case, it looks like she definitely won't come back now and so I have to get a divorce through court and cohabitation won't happen.
My question would be, If I start live-in relationship with someone today, are there any risks for me or the court case as such ?
(can my wife file some complaints against me which can put me into some legal hassles?)

Request your kind suggestions on above point.


Offline advocatesingh

  • Professional legal Expert
  • ***
  • Posts: 80
  • Karma: +1/-0
  • Singh and Associates - experts in Civil laws
    • View Profile
Re: Question of Live-In Relationship
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 02:25:12 AM »
u are married and u cannot as par law go for live-in relationship.

now if the court has justified her stand for the job, than you should re appeal on this issue that you have been denied Conjugal life.

as impotency is a ground for divorce.

again Plz note a court cannot force your wife to stay with you, even if it passes an order.

now what you should do all depends on how u can settle the matter out of court with your wife would be best
Singh and Associates
Civil law experts

Offline sachiny2014

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Question of Live-In Relationship
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 02:39:38 AM »
If I start living in with someone in mentione case, what leagl action my wife can take and what can be the implications for me ?
If we apply in high court for "Restitution of conjugal rights" and "If not willing to cohabit then decree of divorce" is it justified demand by us ?

Offline advarjun

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 169
  • Karma: +8/-0
  • Advocate Arjun India's Finest Legal Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Question of Live-In Relationship
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 05:38:29 AM »
If u have physical relationship with another woman while u are still married, law will go completely against you, so don't even think of it
 your second option to file for rcr and than file for divorce is the correct way to go ahead with it
Advocate Arjun India's Finest legal expert in Kolkata City, with extensive cross border practice in Dhaka

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India