Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Does govt help mentally ill patients when relatives are neglecting  (Read 1281 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline gopal

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 9
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
My neigbour's mother has not been able to take care of herself from the time she was 30 due to mental illness. Who has the onus of taking care of her? Her children/siblings are not willing to take the responsibility. Is there any law that will force them to take joint responsibility? Else, is there any provision by which a judge or police or some competent authority can ensure that she is taken care of in a mental hospital free of cost for the rest of her life? Is she eligible for any financial help from the government?

Offline advgaurav.sharma

  • Sr. Legal Expert
  • ****
  • Posts: 117
  • Karma: +3/-1
  • Advocate Gaurav is a specialist in Trademark laws
    • View Profile
Re: Does govt help mentally ill patients when relatives are neglecting
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 02:51:11 AM »
The provisions of The Mental Health Act, 1987, deal with the treatment and care of mentally ill persons. Section 25 of the act empowers the magistrate to pass orders in case of those who are not under proper care or are neglected by a relative. The magistrate may ask such a relative to give an undertaking to take proper care of the person. However, in certain circumstances, the magistrate may send the person to a licensed psychiatric hospital or nursing home at the cost of either the relatives or the personís income from any property that he or she may have. In exceptional cases the government does bear all the costs incurred in the concerned hospital or nursing home
Advocate Gaurav is a specialist in Trademark laws


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India