Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Adverse possession of ancestral property by uncle  (Read 1427 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline manas boxi

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Adverse possession of ancestral property by uncle
« on: March 20, 2014, 05:56:35 AM »
Dear Sir/Ma'am,

My grandfather has two sons, my father (elder) and uncle (younger). They mutually entered into a family settlement deed in 1983 where the property was divided equally among my grandfather, father and uncle. Schedule A of property went to my father, Schedule B went to my grandfather and Schedule C went to my uncle.

The settlement deed read out regarding Schedule B property that it would go to my grandfather and after him it will be ENJOYED by my grandmother afterwhom it will pass equally to my father and uncle.

My grandfather passed away in 2009. Until recent past everything was under control until my father passed away in November last year. After that one day when I was out of town my uncle bought some documents and made my grandmom sign the same. My grandmom doesn't know English and trusting him she signed in the above mentioned document thereby granting him the Power of Attorney for the property. When she came to know regarding the fraud my grandmom says it was done without her knowledge.

My uncle has started demolishing the old house situated in the above mentioned property to build a newer one over there. On asking he says that he is now the absolute owner of the said property. But, when I ask him to show the relevant documents supporting his claim he starts abusing me over it. 

Is it possible on my grandmom's part to handover the property without my consent ??? I am the only grandson of my grandfather. I have one sister and one cousin sister.

Kindly let me know what can be done in this case.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 05:58:52 AM by manas boxi »

Offline advshelly

  • Jr. Legal Expert
  • **
  • Posts: 68
  • Karma: +2/-1
  • Advocate Shelly is a Top Notch Learned Council
    • View Profile
Re: Adverse possession of ancestral property by uncle
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 03:12:39 AM »
Since your grandma does not know English and she admits fraud u should approach court for property settlement immediately
Advocate Shelly is a Top Notch Learned Council

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Adverse possession of ancestral property by uncle
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 03:12:39 AM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India