Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Mother wants to cancel Gift deed is it possible  (Read 7973 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline reemadas

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 6
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Mother wants to cancel Gift deed is it possible
« on: May 29, 2014, 03:33:30 AM »
My mother has gifted me half of her house by Registered Gift deed three years back.

 Now she has initiated a title suit disputing and praying for cancellation of the deed, saying that my husband and I took advantage of her illiteracy and forced her to make the deed.

This, despite the fact that she had answered all the relevant questions asked by the registrar during the registration. What is the status of the title suit and what can the consequences be?

Offline tapsash

  • Jr. Legal Expert
  • **
  • Posts: 50
  • Karma: +3/-0
  • Divorce law Expert
    • View Profile
    • Divorce lawyer
Yes Mother can file for cancellation of the gift deed
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 03:41:23 AM »
Since your Mother is alive she can file for cancellation of the gift deed.

On the  grounds of force, coercion or undue influence.

But she will have to prove the allegations before the court, You can than contest the matter in court, If the court goes in your mothers favour she will retain the original title to the property.

If you with you will be able to keep the gifted portion.

Now in these cases when the owner is  illiterate the court will be tilted towards your mother, plus she is a Sr citizen.
Family law Expert
Contact me at ph no: 9873628941
Webpage: Divorce in India

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2019
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India