Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Divorce agreement  (Read 1929 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline richa921sharma

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 10
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Divorce agreement
« on: June 04, 2014, 09:28:06 PM »
I got married on 29th June,2012. This was an arranged marriage. Since the time I got engaged, the boy's family had been raising issues unnecessarily. We ignored them all, thinking that everything would be okay with time. But, the problems have increased with time, as the boy and his family have continued, blaming me and my parents for not fulfilling demand, which they call customs. Boy's mother had several times, taunted me for not giving her a gold chain, in marriage. She has been shouting that her son is CA. and so, he and his family should have been treated in a completely respectful way( According to them, we have insulted them by giving them less than expected at different occasions.)
I would like to mention that we come from a marwari (rajasthani) background.
My husband usually behaved normal when we were together alone, but whenever, his mother used to raise issues, related to my family and relatives, he used to get aggressive, and even beat me. He sometimes, behaved very weird, when he used to shout at me, in front of everybody without any logic.
Now, my husband had abused my mother on phone, in front of me, and he never liked my talking to my parents. This leveled up my frustration and I started talking to my mom secretly. My husband doubted, and got the details from telephonic company, and beat me up for that. Thereafter, he raised his hand several times for absolutely foolish reasons, even when the matter was not related to me.
Besides this, his younger brother used to keep a phone on recording phase to record my conversation with my parents and friends. This, he did for lot of days. On discovering that I used to talk to my mother and tell her all about the matter secretly, (sometimes using bad words for them), created a scenario and the issue raised to extremely high level of aggressiveness. I could not tolerate then, and decided to come back to my parents. Now, from the last four months, I am with my parents, and did not have any word with my husband.
I want to get divorce now, and take back all my belongings from there, including gifts given by my parents in marriage. I don't want any maintenance from him. All I want is separation.
I wish to know, whether I can file a case against my brother in law, for hindering my privacy,(as he recorded my conversation with mom). I did talk about them, for taking my frustration out, but isn't it wrong to record talks like this. Can any legal action be taken against him.

Offline advbanani

  • Professional legal Expert
  • ***
  • Posts: 75
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • Accident Claim and Cheating cases
    • View Profile
Re: Divorce agreement
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 06:51:07 PM »
You have just 4 months of separation it has to be one year before you apply for divorce.

yes you are entitled to all gifts given to you its called stridan and at the time of divorce court will give it to you.

since you are not asking fro maintenance your divorce will be very easily granted

which city are you from?
Adv.Banani Mukherjee"
Jodhpur High Court
Accident Claim and Cheating cases

Offline richa921sharma

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 10
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Divorce agreement
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 11:18:41 PM »
I was in Mumbai earlier, but now, I am with my parents in Himatnagar (Gujrat)

Offline advRanjithRajagopal

  • Sr. Legal Expert
  • ****
  • Posts: 103
  • Karma: +2/-0
  • adv.Ranjith Rajagopal
    • View Profile
Re: Divorce agreement
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 03:03:26 AM »
You can file divorce in either Mumbai or where you are residing now after the one year period
adv.Ranjith Rajagopal


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India